We primarily focus on guests who wish to escape the hectic city life to find peace and quiet, enjoy the nature through long walks or a boat ride on the lake. Plenty of activities can be arranged for those who wish:
For those who enjoy horses and jumping, Nordsjö offers stabling if you bring your own horse, indoor and outdoor riding arenas, fences, and access to highly qualified and professional training at all levels. For more information about our equestrian business, please visit www.erikjerneld.com
IN THE NEIGHBORhood
If you wish to see more of this very old and historically fascinating region, there is plenty to discover in the neighborhood:
- Vadstena (36 km). The relics of St. Bridget of Sweden are buried in the town's ancient monastery chapel. Vadstena is also the home of a magnificent old royal palace, built for defense purposes by King Gustav Vasa.
- Övralid (27 km). Nobel laureate Werner von Heidenstam's home, designed and built by the author and left intact after his death in 1940; here, Heidenstam gathered the intelligentsia of his time.
- Ombergs Ekopark & Naturrum Tåkern (60 km). Highly interesting flora and birdlife, and Prinsessan Estelles sagostig; a path for the younger children, dedicated to the heir apparent Princess Estelle of Sweden.
- Borensberg (10 km), with Göta Kanal & Göta Hotell. Göta Hotell, situated by the channel and locks in the small village of Borensberg, has a top quality kitchen and beautiful views.
- Linköping (45 km). This old and very lively city offers an abundance of restaurants and shops. The medieval cathedral houses one of Sweden's most interesting Old Master paintings, by Dutch master Marten van Heemskerck.
- Kristberg Church (5 km). Nordsjö belongs to Kristberg's parish and the church must be regarded as one of the most beautiful in Östergötland.
In addition to historically interesting sites, there are also several very good golf courses in the area.
For more information about what to experience in Östergörland: www.visitostergotland.se